Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Classic One Liners

Stella, like many two year olds, sometimes says things that give us pause for one reason or another.  For example, last week the Red Sox game was on downstairs while she was playing after dinner.  At one point, she looked up at the screen - transfixed by catcher approaching the mound to talk to the pitcher.  Pointing, she turned to Justin and said, "Daddy, why is that man dressed like a ladybug?" Funny, he did kind of look like a ladybug.

Similarly a few days ago, I was putting Stella in her car seat while (big shocker) Gary was running circles around the car.  Stella looked out the door at the flying furball and said, very calmly, "That's Dinglegary and I'm Toots MaGee."  I think that's actually a line from Anchorman.  A little reminder that kids do repeat everything they hear.

But, then sometimes they just say things that melt your heart.  At Fred Meyer the other night, she was riding in the "race car" cart, spinning the steering wheel and nibbling on a piece of cheese from the deli counter.  Unprovoked, she looked up at me and said, "Mama, you're lovely."  I was prepared to buy her anything she wanted at that point - icecream, a doll, a Mercedes....

On a related note, Claire has added a new word to her growing vocabulary.  "Poo Poo." Yep.  Also a tear jerker.

No comments:

Post a Comment